View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
The key phrase is to "TRY" save his son. Odds of him getting out alive with the son alive is pretty slim given he has no training, equipment or calm detachment from the situation.

Fire. drowning, what's the difference? The principle is the same. If you are going to stop him from running into a blazing building, what is the difference between that and another case?

I think you have been watching too many rogue cop movies where the cop lies for the "right reasons". If you are asking a cop to lie "THIS ONE TIME" what about the next time or is the pass handed out on a "case by case" basis? Where do you draw the line for a cop to lie on his report? Are you going to say that he can lie if you agree with the reason? Are you saying he can be derelict in performing his duty for the "right" reasons, whatever and whomever defines what "right" is?

I'm going to disagree with that and the drama the clown tried to create after the salient information was given by the news channel.
Who said I was asking him to lie? If he turns his back and the guy runs in, he's not lying, he didn't see him go.

I agree with you in the cold light of day that the guy probably would have died. But it was certain his son was going to, and if he wanted to roll those dice, it's not the responsibility of you, I, the cop or society to tell him otherwise. We're not him; we don't have the right to substitute our judgment and values for his.