View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBeige View Post
Are the sunroof drains allowing water to drain towards the side of the car properly? The C pillar is a known area for allowing water into the trunk when the sunroof drains rust out.
Yep. I checked those, they're all clear. This issue was in the little recess in the body that the sunroof drains go into. I got all of the caulking material the PO used to "seal" the hole out, so tonight I'll patch it in a more permanent manner. Everything else around it is in good shape and draining as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Bert View Post
Why on earth the sunroof was ever invented I will never know....
Haha! Wish I could disagree with you. I rather often enjoy the sunroof on my moms W210, but that's a much newer car! I never even open the W123 sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbach36 View Post
My car is now 22 years old, and the sunroof has never leaked. Even if it did, that's 22 years of enjoying the outdoors while driving, and a quick way to let heat out of the car during the summer.

As to leaks, I think your brake lights have gaskets that can allow water in the trunk area. Other than that, make sure your trunk lid seal is free of debris; that can divert the water into the trunk.
Thanks for the tips. I'm all over the brake lights and what not.