View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 PM

a few minor W115 electrical gremlins...

Hey guys:

I'm preparing to put my '73 220D back in service as a daily driver and there are 1 or 2 minor electrical things I want to repair over the weekend:

1. The Brake light is on full time. It's full of fluid and the brakes work fine. I think it is related to the emergency brake switch, because if I "bump" the clutch pedal upwards with my foot, I can cause the lamp to flicker and go out temporarily.

How would I access that switch and connection?

2. There is a plug to nowhere that extends out of the top of the black box where the flasher goes. The 3 wires are all light blue, one w/red tracer, one w/ black and one with white or yellow tracer. Any ideas what this is?

3. Why does the foot washer pump have an electrical connection? I replaced mine with a good jy part but hesitated to re-connect the wire until I knew why it has electric to it.

4. Lastly....about that flasher unit- I have two flasher relays that are both hyper. I'd like to upgrade it to a modern electronic relay using a jumper harness with the proper terminals, like I did for the brake light switch. Can anyone advise about which relay works in this case?

Thank you for your help.