Thread: Paint supplier
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 09:13 AM

as per the thread title, I am looking for feedback on online paint suppliers. Its easy to say " You get what you pay for", and most of the threads I have seen on body shop forums trend that way. But, I want to believe that someone sells good quality paint over the internet--at a good price. I am looking for personal experience--positive and negative. I am most interested in long-term experiences with BC/CC. I have used Kirker BC/CC and it failed--but the failure may have been my fault--although Kirker did withdraw the particular product and color I had used.
Another comment I see in bodyshop forums is that the local paint supplier will offer advice and information. In my experience, this is not true. Sure, they will help the pro who buys several gallons of paint and supplies every week. But the once-a year-, or less amateur is just a pain in their butt --at least in my experience.
So--what has been you experience--and who sells a quality product at a relatively low price. ( $600 or more for materials is just not going to happen!)