Thread: Am I wrong?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Know View Post
Brian, you'll have to show me exactly where in ebay's agreement it provides that the seller can send something other than what was ordered and then make the buyer pay shipping for it.

Because I'm not seeing it...

Of course, finding this information on e-bay is nearly impossible due to the method by which they have put forth their information.

However, I did unearth this tidbit buried under the "seller rules":

Receiving a returned item

If you reach an agreement with the buyer for a refund, the buyer should ship the item back to you.

Or if the buyer asked us to review an eBay Buyer Protection case for an item not matching the listing description, and we determine that the buyer is owed a refund, we'll put the case on hold for 10 days and ask the buyer to ship the item back to you.

We'll ask the buyer to use tracking or a Delivery Confirmation number so we know where the package is in transit, and we're able to confirm that you received it.

If a case was opened and we have confirmation that you received the item, we'll provide a refund to the buyer that covers the cost of the item and original shipping within 3 business days.

If we find in favor of the buyer in a case, we may seek reimbursement from your PayPal account or other reimbursement payment method on file.

Buyers are required to pay return shipping, except for rare situations when a buyer and seller agree to another arrangement or we agree to pay the shipping.

Note the statements in bold above. You do get the outbound shipping refunded. You do not get the return shipping refunded.