View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:32 PM

It happened again

Today on the way home it happened again. Grrrr. I played with it for half and hour and could not get it to go, then waited an hour for the tow truck, and by the time it got there the car would run.

A bit before it died it seemed like it missed a bit, like someone turned the ignition off. Then a few seconds later the car quit and I coasted to the side of the highway.
It had the same symptoms as last time: no start, but if I pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it a bit then it starts for a few seconds. Put the fuse back and it will crank, but not start. I cranked the idle mixture all the way to lean and then it would idle, but as soon as I touched the gas pedal, it died. Tried this several times, same result.
After the tow truck got there it would run and idle, but the idle is still at full lean, and rpm drops if I richen it at all.

I have checked the electrical connections to all the sensors and switches and all looks OK. Of course there could be internal breaks somewhere.

I think these things would cause an instant rich mixture:
-Engine temp sensor bad or disconnected
-MAP sensor hose leak or disconnected
-MAP sensor bad or disconnected

I don't think anything else could make the mixture soooo rich that the car dies. (right?)
I plan on checking the MAP vacuum hose and check the sensor wires for continuity to the ECU. Is there a wiring diagram for D-jet? I don't remember seeing one in the guides.
Thanks,

Csaba
72 280SEL 4.5