View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Posting since Jan 2000

I didn't smoke nearly that long or nearly that much, but I gave it up just about this time of year in 1971. I gave up the pretty significant amount of Jim Beam that I was pouring down my gullet at the same time. The only better decision that I've ever made in my life was deciding to marry my lovely bride a little over 39 years ago.

I must admit that when I see someone smoking today, after all the evidence in front of us regarding the ill effects of it, I see such a person as a little less intelligent than they would appear otherwise.

I went to a doctor that I had never seen before for my flight physical a few months ago. We visited a little before he took my blood pressure and then listened to my heart. Right after he put his stethoscope on the first spot he looked up all of a sudden and said "you're a healthy fellow aren't you?" I said well, I've lived a clean and active life since I got out of the Army. He then said "well, it's really paying off for you now." It was reassuring to hear.

Annoy a Liberal, Read the Constitution