View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greazzer View Post
At least you will develope arms like Popeye The Sailor Man
That is certainly one of the benefits of doing it by hand. I was hoping to avoid using electricity as the dumpsters are about 50-60 feet away from any electrical outlets but that may be the only way to do it. My vane pump does well but, not having anything for it to physically mount to makes the task more difficult than it needs to be. I may just need to buy a 2" pipe flange and mount it to a piece of plywood that will span the opening in the top of the dumpster and make holding the pump itself easier.

I asked my friend to leave the grease in the cubies instead of dumping it into the dumpster so we'll see how that goes.

Quote:
I've heard of tapping a vacuum line and sucking a used hot water tank down to whatever vacuum you can attain, should be 23"Hg on a 61x in good shape. Plumb it w/ a 1" ball valve and a 1" or greater hose on a barb. Open the ball valve and suck it all in. Don't know if people run the motor & use it for vacuum at the time or just rely on a big evacuated tank.
That is rather intriguing. I do own an HVAC vacuum pump. Curious how long an old hot water heater would hold vacuum.....

Thanks for the replies gents.