View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 08:24 PM

Random bushing appeared in my footwell, and 280C/M110 idle control issue.

So today I get into my car and see this bushing lying on the carpet. Anyone know where it goes? I think it goes to the windshield washer foot pump.

My M110 engine has been running perfectly for the past year since I got the car and did a solid service on it. 5000 miles later I'm having some idle issues. The car turns on from a cold start instantly, idles fine on high idle with oil pressure pegged at the top. It comes up to normal temps and still runs fine, oil pressure at 3/4 of gauge range.
About 30 minutes into around town driving my idle drops, oil pressure gauge dead center. Car sounds like it's having a slight misfire, like a small machine gun instead of the normal whooshing sound from the exhaust. If I don't give it the occasional touch of gas when stopped (I always put it in neutral) it'll stall.
I have a Sanden AC conversion, which has little effect on idle speed on cold starts or "normal". When I turn the AC on after the idle has dropped to halfway down the oil pressure gauge, the car will stall out unless I hold the gas at stops. To my understanding there is a bolt that extends via vacuum to hold the idle up when AC is turned on. The strength of vacuum goes down, letting the spring decompress and push out that bolt to raise idle under load. This bolt is no longer extending out to raise idle. A Vacuum leak would mean it is always being pushed out, so I don't think that is the issue.
tl:dr hotter the car gets the lower my idle goes, vacuum idle compensator is not working as designed.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by ssk831; 06-23-2013 at 08:35 PM.