View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 01:19 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Do you cook with an electric stove or oven ? (and at what time)
Do you use an electric dryer ? (and at what time).

my house uses about 1100kW-h a month, I blame my SAHM and 3 children

I havent looked at the wattage for the dryer, but its a 2 phase 220v 50A outlet so I'm sure it pulls some juice.
ok - CR says (Untitled Document) says 3400w - and for me one load takes about 45 mins to dry - 2.5kW-h per load

4500w for an electric stove - thats 2kW-h ($.17) just to cook dinner once (?)

I'm thinking that if you look at their times (when does "nighttime" and "weekend" rates start and end, then figure in where do you most of your cooking and drying - that'll help you see which plan is better for you.

Doesn't one of these services advertise more wind/solar/green power ? normally someone tries to play that card...

-John

Cook top and oven are gas. Dryer is elec. Nothing other than sleeping happens from 10p-6a. Weekends are hit and miss. I usually work weekends. Wife works every other Sat. Nothing much happens on the weekend that does not happen during the week.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.