View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 AM

Should a Y be added to the line from the head to the heater cores and another Y at the water pump inlet, the pipe that returns from the heater cores and includes connection to the water tank? Thus water from the head is diverted to the oil/water heat exchanger and then back to the pump to be recirculated through the engine once again. When the heater valves are open both paths are open to water flow. Should the cooler have a shutoff or thermo valve to prevent flow to the exchanger during the winter to promote heater function? Actually my heater works so well in NC that I never run it at full capacity. Should the outlet of the heat exchanger return to the top of the radiator to dump heat picked up from the oil through the rad? I am sure an air-oil cooler may work better, as added to the 280s by the factory, but I do see a benefit to the added water and oil capacity, and thus heat carrying capacity, and thermal mass of the unit itself in keeping my engine cooler. Thanks for any advice or experience you can share.