Thread: Dog story
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the neat story of a very smart Dog. Clearly the Dog was thinking of how to pull the Log back and came up with a creative solution and acted on it.

A Friend of mine had a Dog that was 1/2 German Shepherd a 1/2 Wolf. One of the Dogs Toys was a Bowling Ball that the Guy had some how hooked an all Rubber Bungee Cord into one of the Holes in the Ball.
Smaller than an adult Wolf but much bigger than a German Shepherd and was big boned.

The Dog would grab the free end of the Bungee and whip the Bowling Ball around in the Air and did not mind the Bowing Ball hitting him in the Ribs.

Back in the day when there were Mail Men instead of Mail Carriers the Mail Man used to whistle to antagonize My Dog into a barking Fit.

The Dogs Teeth Marks are still on the inside Mail Slot at My Mothers House where the Dog would attack the Mail as it came through the Slot if the Dog happened to be in the House at the time the Mail arrived and no one got a hold of Her to keep Her away.

One day the Dog and I were in the Back Yard and the Mail Man cam a whistling.
I (this is when I was a Kid) opened the Gate and let the Dog out. The Dog went dead silent and crept down the Drive Way till it could peek around the corner and see the Mail Man.

When She saw the Mail Man She let out a single tremendous Bark and took a run at the Mail Man’s Leg.

The Mail Man attempted to us the Doggie Mace on Her but missed by several Feet (apparently it is hard to whistle and use Mace at the same time).

My Dog passed within 1 inch of the Mail Mans Leg and zoomed over to a corner of the Front Yard and just sat there and glared silently at the Mail Man.

Apparently My Dog really did not want to bite the Mail Man but made it clear that She could have bit him.

The Mail Man never whistled when He came to our House again.