View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Pooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
Quote from the article with my comments following:

The students called 911 as they left the parking lot, police said, and were pulled over by another agent driving a vehicle with lights and sirens, Charlottesville Commonwealth Attorney Dave Chapman told the paper.

Daly apologized when she realized who they were, Chapman said, but agents arrested Daly and charged her with two counts of assaulting a law enforcement officer and one count of eluding police—each carrying a maximum penalty of five years in prison and $2,500 in fines. She spent the night in Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail.

"This has been an extremely trying experience," Daly wrote. "It is something to this day I cannot understand or believe has come to this point."

Either can Chapman.

"It wouldn't be the right thing to do to prosecute this," he said.
Nonetheless, Chapman "stood by the agents' decision to file charges, citing faith in a process that yielded an appropriate resolution."
"You don't know all the facts until you complete the investigation," he said.

This process seems to be more and more their mode of operation. They seem to follow this business plan:

1. Everyone is a suspect, arrest anything that breathes and sort out the real story later.

2. Contrary to popular belief, the local District Attorney/Commonwealth Attorney does not work for the people, they work for the cops and the so-called "State" and will side with the cops and the so-called "State" each and every time. Your rights be damned.

Recently, I had a conversation with some local contractors one of whom made a statement to me; he said, "The people feel powerless". This incident and others like it have led me to believe that the people really ARE POWERLESS. The law of nature says the strong eat the weak and we certainly qualify as WEAK.

Here is a question for the men on this forum. How would you feel if this happened to your wife, girlfriend or your daughter while she were away at college?

Girl buys water, spends night in jail
Further 'facts' are: The cops pulled her over since they though she had bought beer. When they found out she had bought water it seemed that everything was over until she freaked out and thought her and her friends were being attacked by people pretending to be Police.

So they tried to speed away, hit two Cops at they did, and refused to follow any orders the Police gave them since they thought they were being attacked.

But that's just another side of the story. The real facts will come out in Court.