View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
He/Him

Can't wait until I hear about the feed-in they'll inevitably have. (If you don't know what this is, its a sit-in by breastfeeding moms)

My wife is an LC (Lactation Consultant), she hears about all the garbage that happens to women who nurse in public. (both of my children have breastfed IN the Whitehouse).

But it's not just public places, stores have tried to either have mothers removed or tell them just to use the bathroom. (my favorite reply to that is "do you eat your lunch in the bathroom?") Workplaces are also a big issue, especially if the woman wants to pump milk.

The coolest good story I've heard yet was a woman who worked for a sports coverage station, she worked in one of those rooms with all the monitors, I guess you'd call it a production studio. Anyway, there's no good place for a woman to breastfeed privately in a room with banks of tv screens and a few chairs. And all her coworkers were male. So after learning that she wanted to pump at work, her coworkers installed a cubicle type 3/4 wall on one side of the room so she could work and still have privacy.

I recondition w123/w126/w124/w140/r107/r129/ steering boxes!

1984 300D "Elsa" odo reset 6/2011 147k
1983 300TD "Mitzi" ~268k OM603 powered
1995 E300 "Adelheid" 262k [Sold]