View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:28 AM
Registered Slacker

^^^ I think you're missing my point.

The prosecution has very little motivation to bargain with this demon. They know all they have to do is play that video and put the victim on the stand, and the jury will give them the verdict for anything they reasonably charge. All that's left is for the judge to determine the sentence, so that's the only real variable.

Under all of the circumstances, I think the defendant is taking a tremendous risk leaving that up to the judge. Conversely, were I the prosecutor, I wouldn't be inclined to offer much. Maybe agree to concurrent sentences for the child endangerment charges, but not much else. Even a bleeding heart far left judge will recognize this guy is a repeater who is not interested in being rehabilitated and has turned violent (and in one of the worst ways).

We're definitely in agreement that he won't hear a wooden door slam for a long time.

I wouldn't be too upset if when that finally happens, it's actually the lid on a pine box; dying in prison seems like a fitting end to his worthless life.