View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Who's flying this thing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
I don't even like having savings accounts with banks or other institutions. I am fortunate enough to have been on Earth long enough to accumulate and have no debt. I went in the bank the other day to withdraw some cash to buy my SLK. I didn't even like dealing with them for that.

When I was young I dealt with the same guy at the local bank that my Dad had dealt with since WWII. I then dealt with his son I went to high school with as he took over at the bank. I felt like I knew these people very well and STILL didn't like dealing with the bank. They did nothing wrong that I was ever aware of. I can't describe my objections. I just don't like dealing with a bank.
I'd suggest you take a look at the Bank's lobbyists, lawyers and Ceo's and their obscene bonuses to give more clarity and coherence to your inchoate objections about what Banks do, and why.

~~~

Congrats on your new 1999 SLK ROADSTER Larry. Can you post pic's & start a thread about the car?

Are you going to part out or sell the old w124? If you part it out I'd sure like to bid on the manual tranny set up --- I bet it'd go great into my w124 1995 E420 !!! We never got cars like that in the U.S.

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)