View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 PM
User title not in use

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomachines View Post
You'll want to take off the flex disc on the outlet put shaft of the trans. It's held on by 6 bolts, one side is a large hex (8mm I think? And the other side a nut (17mm i think? Going strictly off memory). Flex disc on the white car is new so you'll want to use that one.
Yeah, I'm planning on using the one from the white car, but I'm thinking that it would be a whole lot easier to swap flex discs once the transmission is out of the car. Does that make sense?
Quote:
You'll need to rotate the driveshaft to get at all the bolts, so keep that in mind before you get it all jacked up and stationary.
NOW you tell me! If I back off the 41 and 46 mm nut on the driveshaft, could I turn the front half of the driveshaft with the rear wheels on the ground?
Quote:
You'll need: Tools:
Torque wrench, 8, 13, 17, 19mm socket, 17mm wrench, 8mm Hex

From the pp wiki
I missed that when flicking through the Wiki, then... what is it under? Driveshaft center carrier replacement?
"Senior Luna, your sense of humor is still loco... but we love it, anyway." -rickymay ____ "Your sense of humor is still loco... " -MBeige ____ "Señor Luna, your sense of humor is quite järjetön" -Delibes

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues ____ 1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."