View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 12:54 PM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
I generally remove the Drive Line when I pull an eng/tran combo.
though I have left the front section attached a few times and it worked ok on a w123. but I did have a problem with it hanging up on a 123 the last time I left it on.

Leaving it on in a W126 will be a problem as the 126 has a metal plate welded across the tunnel at the rear part, and the DL will bind as it wont lower down enough to clear when angling the eng/trans to get it out. I had to hack Saw the plate and bend it down with a prybar to get the DL to get under it. what a PITA that caused.

Really not all that difficult to remove the DL. remove the three bolts on the Transmission end, leave the flex disk on the trans. 8mm hex but and a 17mm nut.

The Diff end I also leave the FD on the Diff and remove the DL. two 15mm wrenches here, the nut could be a 17mm.

Remove the 2 14mm bolts on the center bearing.

Use a Pry bar to break the seal between the DL and the rubber disk, rotate the DL as you pry around the 3 side of the disk. then with the 46 mm loose, pry the center bushing off the centering pin on the Diff end.

Be sure the 46mm nut is snug, and drop the rear of the DL, and walk it back and down out of the vehicle.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works