View Single Post
Old 05-20-2000, 12:03 AM
If you buy it and change your mind, you should be able to get $7k from the dealer for it, if that's what they're offering him.

I drove a 190E 2.6 for a few days as a loaner car while my car was getting worked on. I think it was a 1990, but I'm not sure. It had a lot wrong with it, but that might have been due to high mileage. The odometer was broken. There was heat always coming out some of the vents. I had to run the AC with the sunroof open to compensate. The sunroof didn't work properly either. But that's all just that one particular car. I don't know if those problems are common for the model.

It was a fun car for a few days, much faster than my 300SD. But personally, I don't care for the small cars. They're not as safe or as comfortable. I'd rather get in an accident in a heavier car. But that's just my personal preference.

It's always a good deal when you can get a car for the same price as a dealer would pay! I don't think you have much to lose besides sales tax and registration. I'd say go for it if you know you like the model. Good luck!

Santa Barbara, CA
1974 280C
1984 300SD

[This message has been edited by dean (edited 05-20-2000).]