View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj67coll View Post
My wife's 2005 Saturn Vue has a bizarre problem. I was inserting a thermometer in the sir vent this morning when I thought I was having a stroke or something. There was a strange visual impairment like a thread of hair or thin spider web floating in front of my eyes. I had trouble focussing on it and couldn't get it to go away. I was starting to think it was some vision or medical issue when I realized it was an incredibly thin diffuse almost invisible thread of smoke. It was emanating from the steering column where the indicator stalk joins it. I had not turned anything on. It was so diffuse that you would never notice it if there was any kind of airflow in the vehicle whatsoever. It was 110 inside the car this morning so could it be that the extreme heat is melting something in there causing it to smoke or maybe a short? I've searched online and not found anything specific to a Vue doing this particular thing. Any thoughts?

- Peter.
wake and bake at 110 can be hazardous....

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif