View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddiesel View Post
Here are my two cents, this mercedes are 40 years old and they will need attention, specially those plastics around the car, and suspension. But thankfully these cars are very easy to fix (diy) and parts are everywhere at least in california junk yards, but of course they need love, time and money. These cars simply don't die, they refuse to die, my neighbor used to have a 1997 BMW 750 series, and he used to brag that his car have more computers than the space shuttle, which is not a bad thing on a new car, but on a 20 year old bmw, guess what? something when wrong with one computer, and they total the car, and yes, I still driving my 300D. I will say sell the car to somebody who can keep it.
Excellent advise/advice........

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshhol View Post
Sounds to me quibbling over the details isn't the point. You don't really want the car and would like support in not feeling guilty about not looking after it for your Dad. But he tried to find someone to take it but couldn't. So, just find a great home for it and I'm sure you and your Dad will be happy its in good hands.

I just drove my 76 300D across the country last month and it only used a half quart of oil for the entire trip. Surely it's not the best car for interstate travel these days but for puttering around leisurely roads and such, it is so much more enjoyable to drive than my excellent VW (except when it's 97 degrees and 90% humidity)

Yes, it's a pain sometimes but it's still worth it for me.
More excellent advise/advice!

Great amounts of testimonials and advise/advice here on-thread!

I have been fortunate to have a long record of MB diesel cars in my immediate family going back (44) consecutive years! My Mother and Father started buying and driving them in the 1960s beginning with a '69 220D, and summarily upgrading to a '73 240D, then a '77 240D. Fantastic motorcars, they are!

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 07-08-2013 at 04:36 AM.