View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 11:43 AM
KHAAAAAAN-gress

I have some missionaries in my family. When they came to town visiting my grandmother, they would talk about all of the challenges their ministry would face. When asked how they would conquer these obstacles, they would simply say, "The Lord will provide."

Their children would always make sure to stop in Wichita when traveling from their christian college in Canada to their family in Texas with various car issues, no clothes, food, etc. When asked how they would make it to their destination, they would simply say, "The Lord will provide."

That was all hogwash. It was family members and other sympathetic people writing them checks. So unless my grandmother and others became Gods at some point, the only people providing were the ones giving the handouts.

I'll never forget when the missionaries were in town one time staying at my grandmothers, where my 500SL (which used to be hers) was being stored. The patriarch of the bunch told my grandmother, "The lord was calling him to drive that car around the country so he could gain support for his ministry."

Thankfully, even she didn't take that BS.

What is the building appraised at? Unless its very high, why take the risk at no reserve? Iwould hope you are also putting your faith in your building being worth at least what you owe on it. If its appraised at 200k and brings 120k, do you think this was divine intervention? Would you post on the forum as such?

If it brings $10,000, will you put your faith in the lord to come up with the extra?
2001 CLK55 AMG 101k
2007 S600 Biturbo 149k Overheated Project, IT'S ALIVE!!!