Thread: Air bagged w108
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 11:19 AM

I think that there's a bit of over reaction here. In looking at the car pictured in this thread, it's a good looking car and nicer then most /8's that I see on the road. Aside from the air bags which can be set at regular right height, it has Euro lights and BBS RA's which are period correct, and he gets better tire choices with his 16" wheels then anyone of us have if we're still using the 14" steels or bundts.

The first lowered /8 that I saw was about 20 years ago, in Amman Jordan and it looked a lot like this, except they used the longer bumpers from a 280E.

While this car sits a lot lower, it has air ride which is completely reversible and unlike cars with shortened springs, you can go down the road at regular ride height and save your underside.

Everyone has their pet peeves, wire wheels on W108's and R107's is mine. I've learned to bite my lip when I see them at car shows because it doesn't pay to criticize another persons effort.

I'm not going to be able to give them a change of heart, but they may give me a fat lip.

Al