View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Unbanned...?

PeterG,

Wow - that's really odd. It is normal to have some of the same problems with new injectors but there shouldn't be a delayed reaction. The poor spray patterns from the old ones allow carbon deposits in the prechamber. Even though new injectors have a good pattern, it takes a while (few hundred to a thousand miles or so) for the good pattern to burn out the deposits. After they're gone, the car should run fine.

However, your car ran great right away with new injectors, which seems to me like your prechambers were probably clean (??). I haven't the foggiest why they started acting up again! Perhaps one of them got a tiny piece of debris in there that is making the pintle stick? Weird.

Your glow plug current draw is normal. You didn't mention if the noise goes away when warm or if it's only when cold. If only when cold, you'll need to remove each glow plug. If they fall right out, the prechamber is probably clean. If they are hard to remove, you have carbon deposits that are inhibiting glow plug performance... the carbon soaks the heat away to the head and doesn't allow the fuel to burn properly until warmed up. In that case you either need to use a reamer (wooden dowel should do it) or pull the prechambers & clean them.

HTH,

Check out my website photos, documents, and movies!