View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funola View Post
Didn't he say the key broke in the tumbler but he can still turn it? If that is true, then he can turn the tumbler to position 2 and push the pin in and retract the pawl. From the pic, you can see that the hole must be lined up in the correct position for it to work.
What I was speaking about is He said the Key was broke off but He could turn the Tumbler and there was no Spring Tension it. No Spring tension is abnormal.
He also said His Steering Colum is still Locked. Not specifically said is that His Steering Colum is still locked ever though the Tumbler is turned way past the Point where the Steering Colum is supposed to be Unlocked

This make Me think something inside of the Steering Colum Lock is Broken. He has already claimed several time He has the Tumble in the correct position and He cannot get the Sleeve off.

So to Me it is not looking like a mere Lock Tumbler issue. That is why I said He might be better off just biting the Bullet and do what is needed to get the Steering Colum Lock off. That way He can a least move His Car.

However, I hope You are right and the Soapy Water works for Him.