View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 02:34 PM

Exclamation two-Tank fuel return question

Hi folks,

We are in the process of installing a two-tank system into my brother's 84 300D, and I have run across a question regarding fuel return. He wants to have the set up such that the fuel returns to the respective tank it came from with no looping. (i.e when running on Diesel the fuel returns to the diesel tank and when running on WVO it returns to the WVO tank)

We are using two 3-port fuel switching valves and have the fuel supply all hooked up and set to go, but the issue is with the fuel return. How can we hook it up so that it sends fuel back to the specific tank? The way I understand it, these valves basically take two different supply inputs and switch it to allow one or the other input to feed the output.

However with the fuel return, we need one input that is switched between two different outputs (the exact opposite of the fuel supply hookup). So, since we are taking the fuel return from out of the cigar hose we have the one input, but how do we hook it up to the valve so we can switch the returned fuel to the respective tank? Is it simply a matter of hooking the hoses up differently to the valve, or???

I know this must have been encountered by many others before, so HELP!!!

Thanks,

Glenn
1998 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 196K (kids)
1994 Ford F150 4WD 249K (firewood hauler)
1983 Mercedes 300D 376K (diesel commuter)