View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 07:21 PM

OK, got the locking pin and was able to install the new IP timing device. I've put everything back together. It will start, but not after 5-7 seconds of cranking (and it sounds like it is trying to start, but just takes time until it fires up). The car has been parked for 3-4 months. I have to give it some gas pedal to keep it running and let it run for 30 minutes or so. At 1000rpm and above (revving to 2-3k rpm), the engine sounds very smooth, but once it gets down below about 700-800rpm it will quickly dies and shuts off. Again, each time this happens it takes 5-7 of cranking to get it to fire up. It won't idle on its own without some pedal, so I haven't tried to run it around the block or anything, just running in park in the driveway.

QUESTION - Either 1) the timing got screwed up during my novice work or 2) it has just been sitting too long and needs some more running time to flush out any gunk or get the injectors back in good working order. I'm guessing #1. I'm assuming I haven't missed reassembling any vacuum lines...could this be a vacuum issue?

Please let me know what you think??????????