View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 04:08 PM
DieselPaul DieselPaul is offline
is thinning the herd
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 3,340
Originally Posted by kellynic View Post
Sounds like an upper ball joint. I tried to lubricate it, but it only lasted for a short while. Unless you have the proper tools, I would not advise trying to replace it yourself. bill.
On a W123 the upper ball joint is part of the upper control arm. It does not require compressing the spring or anything like that. I did both upper arms on my fathers 300D a few days ago and other than a joint separator tool, it rquired nothing more than some sockets.
Reply With Quote