View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 10:36 AM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbach36 View Post
Most of the stuff you get at Walmart, costs less, because it IS less. It's usually cheap quality items, from China. The US is sending all their money to China, while we're losing jobs here. If the trend continues, America won't be earning the money, to buy the inferior products, that China produces!

So where possible, BUY AMERICAN. I'd rather you buy clothing made in Bangladesh than China.

But Walmart had the best price on a battery, by far. Not sure where they're made, I assume the USA due to the weight of shipping a battery would make it less feasible to import them from abroad. Batteries elsewhere were about $140. Walmart's was $80 or so, and has been working fine for probably 3 years for me so far.
... 3 years ago, wally had decent priced batteries... now they are same as everybody else. however, IF you swap them every 3 years forfree, it doesn't matter...
their free replacement has me comming back for more every 3 years...

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!