View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Chairman of my Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbach36 View Post
Most of the stuff you get at Walmart, costs less, because it IS less. It's usually cheap quality items, from China. The US is sending all their money to China, while we're losing jobs here. If the trend continues, America won't be earning the money, to buy the inferior products, that China produces!

So where possible, BUY AMERICAN. I'd rather you buy clothing made in Bangladesh than China.

But Walmart had the best price on a battery, by far. Not sure where they're made, I assume the USA due to the weight of shipping a battery would make it less feasible to import them from abroad. Batteries elsewhere were about $140. Walmart's was $80 or so, and has been working fine for probably 3 years for me so far.

Walmart batteries are made by Johnson Controls. They been the sole supplier since 2010.

About Us | Johnson Controls Inc.

Quote:
Lead acid batteries sold under private label brands as well as our own VARTA®, Heliar®, LTH® and OPTIMA® brand names. Major OEMs and aftermarket retailers include Daimler, General Motors, BMW, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Volkswagen, SAIC, Bosch, Walmart, Halfords, Interstate Battery System of America, Advance Auto Parts, and AutoZone.