View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah-kay View Post
Aux fan on slow or fast speed? If it is on fast speed then it is possible that the thermostat switch on top of the engine block is faulty or shorted. It is a 3-prongs switch which feed the Kilma relay with temperature info. You can try this

1) Remove the 2 prongs connector. The aux fan should stop. It is to turn on cooling when engine reaches 100C or 105C, depends on what part # is installed.
2) The single prong is the kilma input. Remove it and see whether the A/C comes on. It turns off A/C when it reaches 105C. This may be the problem.

Good luck.
BINGO! I removed the 2 prong connector on top of the thermostat housing and the fan turned off. I then pulled the single pin connector (next to the two pin connector) and the compressor came to life!...ac is blowing cold. So I guess I need to replace this sensor with the 3 prongs? If I can't get it quickly, can I leave that one prong connector off so I can use the AC until the part comes in? Also- you wouldn't know the part number or the name of what this sensor is called so I can order it?

Thanks!!

J.G.