View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin85 View Post
Originally Posted by HoustonM3
Just a question, what exactly were you expecting out of a $2,000 Mercedes?
Less front & rear end damage- The guy was not honest about the extent of body damage at all. More clearcoat paint left on the body. Specifically hood; roof & all 4 doors.

In my experience most people who can afford to buy and maintain a Mercedes since new don't just give them away. A proper one owner well maintained example in good condition will be more then $2,000. True. I took a shot to drive an hour to go see the car. No big complaints other than disappointed, and the traffic s***ed both ways on the Palmetto & I95 !!
That's the price of aggravation we all pay in search of used MBs. It's rare they fall into our laps, especially if we are not in the car business where they literally come to you.

There's a guy in Council Bluffs, Iowa that owns a local Japanese manufactured new car (Nissan?) dealership that routinely shows-up @ car show night in West Omaha driving stunning examples of '60s Muscle Cars that are dropped right in his lap by the elderly or families of, that are looking to trade-in their relics on a new Japanese car.

Buddy of mine had his heart set on a 1963 split window Corvette in nearly perfect condition. He flew and drove all over the U.S. with $75K in cash trying to find one not bogusized - he finally gave up and bought a silly new Mercury. Ha!

The rest of us have to schlub around the country looking for our cars. I've been disappointed too, on even high-end, pricey, low-miled stuff with scratches when you get there, for something that is represented as a CPO-quality MB!