View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 06:07 PM

I had no idea they didnt have a coolant tank. I just saw the nipple near the cap on the radiator without any hose and took the cap off and didnt see any fluid. That makes me feel a little better about it. I was wondering how long if at all she drove it without any coolant. She said her son must have taken it off.

As for the Euro deal. She bought it from a German fellow who brought it from Germany with him. The car is white with dark green carpet & door panels. The seats are a little lighter green cloth. It had the manual climate control.

I drove a half an hour to see it. SHe told me it was in excellent condition and ran great. I got there the paint was in ok shape, good buff would help, glove box broken and hanging open windows werent working and it was leaking diesel like it was peeing. I also noticed it didnt have a washer fluid tank and the lines were sitting there. Thats when I noticed the coolant tank. I didnt ask to drive it. SHe does have all of the service records for about the last fifteen years. Shes had it for 10 of them.

I might buy it. Im only looking for daily around town driver. Seems like it would be a little more reliable than my 87 300d. There were only a couple vacuum lines for the **** off and trans.

Thank you soo much for all the help. The info on the coolant tank really helped. ill have to tell her I was wrong about it needing one!