View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 AM

If they were rebuilt by msource, then they would be monark nozzles and pretty nice! Remember when you change the injectors, you will need a torque wrench and a deep socket....some fit, some don't....best thing to do is like I did was to take an injector into harbor freight if you have one and try on some sockets....another thing to keep in mind, is if the injectors are original one or two heat shields may be stuck in.....let's hope not, but just prepare yourself...

Synthetic is a good choice for a lot of stuff and I recommend it, but it is so thin and we all know how diesels natural leak oil and then the blow by....isn't worth it....I ran 5w-30 out of curiosity on a trip back to cali, I burnt and lost every drop of it.....so I won't be trying it again...

Get that valve adjustment done asap, that can help blow by a lot....if the valves are really tight and some loose....they may be carboned up pretty badly, mine never had a valve adjustment...this is my 6th one in about a year and less then 3k....this was the first adjustment where I actually had one valve to spec....because there was so much carbon and driving it was slowly beating it off the valves...