Thread: Am I crazy?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 12:16 PM
I'll Go Upside Your Head!

Palolo and Jmela, you're right. For instance, I'm starting the wood Sunday but don't expect to have it "done" until Wed when it can go back in the car. At that time I'll do levers and heater valves.

How do I know that I need the distributor rebuilt? The centrifugal advance is right on the factory specs. Do I need any parts to do this is or is just tear down, clean, then reassemble?

As for the compressor, I already ordered a rebuilt A6 that cost something like $90. For that little, I saw no reason to start customizing A/C components when I can get plug-and-play for so little. I think you'd agree the weak point in these A/C systems isn't the compressor, it's probably the condenser and lack of good electric fans in front.

The radiator is going to the shop. It's going there the day I do the timing chain since I'll need the fan off plus it will give me more room to spin the crank. I even got a new visco clutch so the car should stay nice and cool, like the interior, for my drive back to TX. I'm doing all this work in IN where I grew up. Free 6 pack and lunch for anyone who wants to join me in N. Indiana!

Last but certainly not least, I'm more worried about the interview. I have a bunch of studying to do for it although it's only going to be a 30 min. phone call. It's a mock sales call selling something I need to know a lot more about.

Thanks a lot for your help guys,

David

2000 Honda Accord V6 137k miles

1972 300SEL 4.5 98k miles