View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Diesel Power

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryBible
Now that you have confirmed my suspicion, you must keep your fingers crossed that the crankshaft is salvagable.

Do you have access to an impact wrench? If you do, don't use the chrome socket on the impact wrench, you will need an impact socket.

If you can't get it, I have an Ingersoll 1/2" impact and a Snap-On 27MM deep impact socket that's made of kryptonite. I also have a small portable compressor that will run on 110 VAC. I will come over and see if we can bust it loose. I can't remember if, on the four cylinder, you will have to pull the radiator to have enough room for the impact wrench.

It will be early next week at the earliest before I can get over there though. My 300E is torn apart, and I'm quite sure the compressor won't fit in the trunk of my C. If you have everything stripped and ready for the impact, it shouldn't take long to bust it loose. I could come over one evening after work.

Good luck,
Thanx for the offer. I think that the A/C condenser has to be removed to get to the bolt as well, unless your impact wrench is more compact than what I'm used to looking at. I already have all of the pullies, fan, radiator, and everything else that I could possibly think of to get out of the way removed.

I don't remember what part of TX you live in. If it isn't an overly long drive to my place from yours, and we don't get this thing broke loose by next week, then I would be thrilled to have your assistance. We're gonna try the screwdriver/flywheel lock thing and use the cheater bar from hell on my next "weekend" (tues/wed). The starter trick just wouldn't budge the bolt, so I called it so as not to tear up something else.