View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 08:53 PM

The hand pump is mounted to the transfer pump that is mounted on the steering box side of the injection pump. You un-screw the plastic knob and pump it up and down. When done pumping it make sure that it is tightly screwed back or it will suck air. Get under the car above the differential and un-do the tank feed line. See how well it flows or not at all. Most likely, the screen is plugged. The best way to get rid of the algae in the tank is to remove it so you can clean it out good. The only other thing could be the transfer pump is bad. I'd go with the plugged screen in the tank.
A temporary way to clear the screen is to remove the fuel cap then get a compressed air hose and nozzle. Remove the primary fuel filter and CAREFULLY...CAREFULLY blow air back thru the fuel line. DON'T use alot of pressure 10-20 psi. This will blow away the gunk on the screen and if the car runs good, that is the problem.
My Truck.. 2007 DODGE, 5.9 Cummins, 6spd stick, 4X4. My car..1977 240D, OTHER WHEELS...1955 VW Oval window bug, European Delivery (Holland) with a 1700cc, 2 barrel, Porsche drum brakes. 1939 WILLYS Pick-up. 1967 Triumph 200cc Tiger Cub. 1976 Honda 550F 4cyl Motor Cycle.