View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Yup, between 55 and 60 was pretty bad on mine too. After the kit was installed it still smimmied some and it turns out that one of my new tires slung a weight off and made the situation worse. It's fine now, little or no shimmy but I do plan to replace the ball joints steering damper and all the tie rod ends and anything else that needs replacing. It should go another 184,000 miles with out much having to be done to the front end. Try that with an American car and you most likely will have had to replace all of the above twice (from my own experience).

BTW, the exhaust issue you stated, if it's the pipes in the way, look at the thread in this series/page, putting the bolt in upside down apparently makes no difference, got that from MB techs who have done it with no problems.
1991 300SE (my ride, 279,000 miles, looks almost new
1954 Cadillac (21 yo son's car, he bought when age 15)
1972 SeaBird 19 ft runabout (old but solid, slant six, Volvo sterndrive perfect condition, undergoing complete overhaul and refit)
1998 Toyota Rav4 (my sons daily driver when he is in the Continental US, PROUDLY serving in US Navy)