View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Mad Scientist

Thanks for the help, folks. LOOOOOOOONG week, TGIF and Monday off! My replies in no particular order:

I'm familiar with the various options for actuating the vacuum shutoff. The problem is that my vacuum shutoff is completely inoperable. Direct connection to vacuum pump, syringe, sucking on the hose, nothing. I drove the car around the lot and shut it down before I bought the motor, it worked then. Black gunk throughout the whole vacuum system, was probably flexible when I bought the engine and has now hardened. Is there any point in pulling apart the vacuum shutoff and cleaning it out?

I bypassed the overboost protection.

I can get a 22SI alternator for less than I can get a Bosch/Saab alternator, it'll put out more amps continuously for MUCH longer than the Bosch alternator. I can build my own bracket for the 22SI out of stuff I have laying around pretty easily, with the only cost tied up in mig wire, gas, and power. This will give me a HUGE surplus of power. I already have a power inverter..........

Thanks everyone. I'm off to dinner and a movie with my little lady. In my diesel truck.