View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:10 PM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

ATE, Brembo, or Balo for the rotors, never had a problem with either. Zimmermann is good too I hear. Pad wise... Mintex work well but are way dusty as are Textar. Never used Pagid. I have Wagners on a few cars, work nicely... low dust. I even have Duralast Gold on my Volvo, medium dusting and stop well.

If you are going through all this, remember the front end play is difficult to set and you need a dial indicator. Repack the bearings while in there and replace the grease seal. If ball joint boots are torn, pull the spindle and replace... the rotor has to come off anyway. No better time than now. AND can be done with the spring still on the car.

Also, install new hoses. They are pretty inexpensive and at this age, they had better have been replaced at least once... if not twice. You could even go with some SS ones if you felt like spending the extra coin.

A Motive power flushing tool is one of the best tools I have ever purchased. Makes flushing the system a breeze. I do mine annually each fall with my oil service, due to location (high humidity and high heat).

Hope it helps.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]