View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 11:21 AM
...like a shield of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryValve View Post
I can also measure the pieces if stretch somehow can not get to it.

Yep my garage is a mess - now it is also full of W201 bits as well as the W123 ones. It just so happens, however, that I've recently moved the W123 trailing arms, wheels and subframe to the little shed so there is only recycling and old TVs in the way (yes once the car is fixed I'm off to the tip).

I got the bits out alright...

...but I'm not sure what would be a useful measurement.

[Then I remembered]

Chapter 35-410 and 35-420

This is what I'm up against =>

^^^That's the whole subframe and trailing arms mounted on a special surface table with lots of gucci jigs to make sure everything is aligned...

^^^ and that's just the trailing arm with the gucci jigs and the surface table.

Note how the attachment eyes are at a different height from the hub centre.

I reckon I can attempt to replicate this rig but seriously if I can manage to get measurements within half a centimeter then I'd be bloody impressed. I have a wooden table and a sheet of 0.8mm steel and some blocks of wood - I mean heaven help us!

Alternatively I might be able to get some where with digital photographs and an autocad app I have heard about but again with optical distortion and so so... we're probably back to a guess-timate rather than a measurement.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone with a W123 LCA and/or trailing arm handy?-w123-chap35_410-w123-rear-suspension-alignment-rig.jpg   Anyone with a W123 LCA and/or trailing arm handy?-w123-chap35_420-w123-trailing-arm-alignment-rig.jpg  
1961 Volvo PV544 Bare metal rat rod-ish thing

I'm here to chat about cars and to help others - I'm not here "to always be right" like an internet warrior

Don't leave that there - I'll take it to bits!