View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Fast Attack Submarines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codifex Maximus View Post
Divide and Conquer!

And, after reading further and seeing you fixed it... Congrats! My opinion? If you're going to sink money into a car, a CD is not a bad choice seeing as it's got lots of curb appeal.

Hope you live as long as you comfortably can and want to.
Thanks Codifex!!! I learned long ago with 'classics' that with the exception of the professional restorers doing other peoples cars, that it's not something you do to get money back from.

The only items I've actually made money on is two stroke seadoos....buy 'em broken and cheap in fall, fix them and sell them in spring, make a few hundred for my trouble. I live on a big lake, they're like a corn crop you can count on every season .

This CD will (God willing) be my last car. It came with a new maaco paint job (solely to cover the bondo in the rear wheel arches I'm sure), and once I've gotten all the mechanicals sorted I'll weld in replacements there, get new front and rear windscreen rubber, and have it painted by a good shop. Not show car but I'll put a couple K into a nice prep and paint.

Back in the old days I'd prep and paint myself but besides the dodgy heart I hit a deer with the motorcycle about a year ago, totalled the bike and broke a bunch of stuff, they put in plates and screws but I'm just not able to do a lot of what I did before. Damn deer....season is about to open and I'm going deer hunting for the first time....well, for the first time non-vehicularly...it's payback time!!!

In the meantime, the maaco job looks good for a ten footer and will hold it for the year or so for me to get everything else fully sorted.
Hers: '72 Corvette 454/4spd, '99 MB SLK, '93 Metro vert, 78 240D, '92 Silverado, '65 Fjord Rustang, '59 Fjord Fairlane, '17 Slingshot.