View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Two schools of thought on the coupes. 1. Being more rare and (to some) more desirable, a coupe is worth more than a sedan all other things being equal. 2. Having some harder to find body and interior parts, and being slightly less practical than a sedan, a coupe is worth less than a sedan. I subscribe to #2.
Yes things like window seals and window regulators are usually the first coupe specific parts that people replace. In my 1.5 years of ownership, I havent had to purchase any coupe specific parts. I'd hate to see the price of the rear window with it's "spider-web" defrost wires.

But when it comes to praticality the coupe is fine for singles or couples. I drive 10 miles round trip during the week. 90% of the time I'm driving by myself and the other 10% I may have my fiance with me. The trunk is the same size as the sedan and the wheelbase is 3.3 inches shorter (though somehow it still only weighs 21 lbs less than the sedan). I can cram just as much luggage and gear into my coupe as she can in her corolla. I've even carried 6 people downtown one night, (nobody was in the trunk).

I would also say you have 2 fewer door locks that could potentially cause a vac leak but to be fair, in the coupe you also have vacuum locking front seatbacks which can leak. I found my passenger seat leaked and plugged it so now my seatback locks into place.

Yeah coupe prices can vary as wide as Whunter stated. I paid less than $3500 for my rust free 200something thousand mile specimen.