View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
I'm surprised that the products in Canada are so different from the products here in Northern Europe. I'd never heard of Krown or Rus-Check before joining this forum and it seems as though not many people have heard of Dinitrol (which is considered to be THE stuff here)
I see Dinitrol has an agent in the USA, but it doesn't look like they have made any inroads into the North American markets. Looking at their product range, it seems they are well ahead of what we have so far as product range is concerned,

At least in Canada, we have automotive rust treatment shops everywhere. In our town of 130,000 there must be a dozen or more places that do rust spraying. Rust Check and Krown are the main ones, but many others spray other similar products. I had Krown just steam and high pressure clean the underside of my 300D the other day (they did it for $45!). While I was there, they had military vehicles lining up to be undersprayed. Must be a good business. Costs us about $120 per treatment.

We visit the USA quite often and am always surprised that even in the Northern states, there seems to be few rust treatment shops. Places like NAPA do sell the products, but it doesn't seem like an established business as it is in Canada and it seems in UK.