View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Fast Attack Submarines

On that first go-round, only one valve had any clearance at all for my thinnest feeler, the rest were as tight as a German virgin.

I'm going to check them again tomorrow just to make sure I *didn't* get mixed up, and to see if #2E found any clearance after that fast 35 miles with powerkleen in the filter.

Hoping my NAPA has the heat shield but not holding my breath, probably have to order it in .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljjay View Post
The only thing I can think of, is that the engine has been neglected and hasn't had regular valve adjust and hasn't seen a lot of high way driving in its life....this would cause the exhaust valves to cake with carbon....maybe there is such a build up of carbon in that cylinder that, it won't allow the valve to seat....in this case, you would know after some driving and rechecking the valves....if they are tight again....after only a few hundred miles....it would indicate carboned valves....my engine was like this....I have done at least 10 valve adjustments in two years and less then 3,000 miles....this last time, I actually had one valve that was still within spec....the exhaust were tight and the intakes all lose...
Hers: '72 Corvette 454/4spd, '99 MB SLK, '93 Metro vert, 78 240D, '92 Silverado, '65 Fjord Rustang, '59 Fjord Fairlane, '17 Slingshot.