garage door opener
power windows
cruise control

The following things do still work:
It starts and runs
head lights
hvac
power seats
radio ( but, if you try to use one of the affected functions, it will cut out until you release the affected functions button )

When you turn the key to the first position:
if the SLS light is bright, then everything is fine
if the SLS light is weak, then you have some or all of the symptoms

if the SLS light is weak and I turn on any of the affected functions, the light will get weaker or go out
if I turn on the wipers the SLS light will flash from it's weak condition to weaker and the K1 relay will click
sometimes when the SLS light is in it's weak condition and I turn on the wipers, they will come on and the SLS light will change to it's normal brightness

In the last month the car has "turned off" while driving twice. All the dash lights come on, the motor quits. Stop, put it in park, restart, and no problems the rest of that trip.

All fuses for the affected functions tested good, and everything does work some of the time.

Has anyone experienced this problem on this model car and solved it?

Thanks,
Greg
I would check all fuses, both in the engine bay, on the left side of the dashboard, and under the rear seat. Just don't look at them, remove, test, clean and replace if still good. I had a similar issue with the wiper, washer not working, and it was intermittent. Looked at the fuse, and it was not blown, but upon further inspection, it turned out that the fuse holder contacts were oxidized, and would cause the fuse to make intermittent contact. Used electrical contact cleaner, and all is well. I am not sure if the K-40 relay would cause any of the issues you have, but that is easy and cheap to replace. Good luck!!