View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbzr4ever View Post
Yes, it sounds like a short circuit problem.

The glow plug system was recently changed (by me, applause!) to the pencil style with parallel wiring. Made sure the ground wire at the end by GP #4 was disconnected.

(This was about 3 months ago, ran great until I had a vacuum diaphragm tear, that I replaced about a month ago - done again, by me and this great forum, of course )

I have a spare relay (mine is located under the steering wheel), that I can switch to test.

Now that I think about it, when I disconnected the relay before, the harness got all messed up (couldn't positively determine if the wires in the harness
were in the original order). I asked for a diagram or picture and someone had a photo, but the colors of the wires were different.
I should re-visit this, with a diagram with numbers.
I posted that photo for you....here's a link to the electrical wiring diagrams...on page 20 is the glow plug timer and you will see the pin number and the color for the wire....

24 Electrical Troubleshooting

Have you pulled fuse 2? And inspected it? The dome light, instrument cluster, ignition switch all run off this fuse and these are what you are having issues with.....

If you haven't done so yet, all your fuses should be replaced with copper/brass and ceramic fuses....the original aluminum fuses corrode where they contact the copper tabs in the fuse box....causing issues...