View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shertex View Post
Just some random musings (from a market observer and participant in New

Third, I am now seeing good condition, desirable examples of the W210 in the $5-6k range. I've never owned one....but they sure look fun. With the prices dropping, I can't imagine it will be too long before I snag one....their deficiencies notwithstanding. (Incidentally, my auto body guy will do preventative spring perch replacements for $300 a side....not too bad.)

Fourth, while I have not followed the W211 very closely, it seems like we're getting to the point where a good one can be had for $10k or close to it.

I will add that right now seems to be a particularly soft market....everyone seems to be having difficulty selling.

Anyone have similar....or different....observations?
Man, 300 per side for new spring perches, that's good. I was quoted twice that. But mine ended up fine for now. They say they rust from the inside out. The guy said keep an eye out for holes. I'm not close to having holes yet.

It love the 210. The best daily driver I've had. And the best engine for Wvo so far. It's beat to follow the improvements over the years. Brakes, interior, engine, transmission all better on a w210. And how the car looks when sitting in driver seat was always important to MB and the 210 looks really cool with the headlight bumps and interior design.

With new rotors and brake pads all around, my 210 has literally saved many animals lives. It's easy to see how it got named safest car in America in its time.

The 211 I bet is a nice refinement of the 210. They fixed my two biggest gripes with it , fuel economy and size. The 210 is just a bit big for a daily commuter. It drives like a small car but takes up a lot of road. I'm betting the 211 is a nice middle ground. I can't wait to get one.

In fact if anyone wants a nice southern 210 , ill sell them mine for 6000. Then I'll find a 211 that needs some work.