View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Doner View Post
You could have them mixed up as well, Or they need to be bent so they don't bind together.
If the rod length is improper it will cause issues like you describe. If a rod is too long it wont come out of gear fully. If it is too short it wont go in fully. both issues will cause gear grinding. If the rods are not bent properly they will bind together when shifting. I bet if you readjust and re-bend the rods you will be in the clear. You can get under the car while someone else does the shifting and look at the linkage to see what is going on.
x2

to x2 charile- the shifter levers under the stick handle have a pass through hole that locks them all in place in slightly different positions. This is neutral. You can use an allen key close to the right size to lock them, when you do this all the levers on the transmission should be in the neutral position. if they arent, then they are misadjusted lengthwise.

Secondly binding issues can cause this problem to x2 C.doner, make sure you do as stated above, get someone in the driver seat to shift through while you watch. even a slight bend thats off will cause a binding and could prevent a full gear change.
Ive done this to myself a few times on projects where I had a bad bind and skipped over it to assuming major problems with the gearbox, the bend of the levers is really crucial to a clear shift