View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Camera Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogweed View Post
stop by my place in pa and i'll give you a zia license plate for the trip. i lived in albuq for years and did the I-40 route too many times. i always loved the feeling i got going down that cut on 40 just east of alb near edgewood
Thanks, I've got a few Zia plates of my own from previous vehicles. The 300D I have was formerly a New Mexico car. I don't know if I can use those plates on the 220D but if I can, it'll save me a couple dollars if I decide to stay in that state. Not that I want to. I love the northeast. It's just a little too expensive to live in this area for a freelance photographer.

My 220D has enough legs in 4th gear to hit 65mph easy and I think there's still a bit of room left before red line. I still have yet to make a nice highway trip of a few hours to see how she does for extended periods on the road. Perhaps tomorrow (Saturday.) We're not going to drive on any interstates at all, if possible, so there should be far fewer truck back doors to stare at.

Phil Forrest

1972 220D "Trudy," named by a friend.

"The 220D sounds good... I suspect it is the only car that you need a calendar for, rather than a stopwatch, when doing acceleration tests."
Tom Abrahamsson